Saturday 3 August 2013

My Little Visit To Leicester

[Extracting a few posts from my old blog]


I recently made a little trip to Leicester to visit a loved one. I was only there for a few days and surprise surprise, spent most of my time at the High Cross Shopping Centre.



My outfit for the day, I admittedly have also jumped onto the comeback of tartan bandwagon with these high waisted tartan jeans which I absolutely love. I’ve worn them so much since purchasing, they’re trendy and have a great fit. Well done River Island. I’ve been quite tempted to also buy the matching blazer but I just have so many jackets.. I’m still working on a better reason to justify it! I’ve paired the jeans with a leather (pu) top from Zara that I bagged in the Christmas sales, it’s pretty cute as a basic top to just throw on and not look so simple. I’m all for statement necklaces and i’m loving this elegant piece I picked up from Coast; they have some amazing accessories and jewellery that gets undermined as we don’t always associate the brand with such beaut accessories. I would definitely recommend my fellow magpies to pay a little visit. I’ve also had a rings update recently as I tend to lose most of them; the black and gold ring is from Diva, Miss Selfridge and the gold finger ring is from Primark. I’ve thrown on my favourite coat from Jovonnista and my beloved Bayswater to complete the outfit. Minus-ridic-unbelievably-freezing-weather, i’m ready…

PU Leather Long Sleeved Top – Zara
Tartan High Waisted Jeans – River Island
Necklace – Coast
Boots – River Island
We also went to a local bar during the visit and after much debate, here’s what I wore in the evening:
From all of my outfit options (they were all midis!), I picked this number which i’d purchased earlier in the day from Primark. Now I must admit, I rarely ever shop in Primark due to personal preference but I can’t help but pick out the odd item when I go with my sister (she has a great eye and definitely a lot more patience compared to me!). I really liked this dress, one because i’m all about midis at the moment and two, it will be a great piece I can also wear during the day. As the bar was quite local and low key, I thought this casual midi would work great. I sadly didn’t take a lot of accessories with me, especially as I don’t already travel light, so i’ve paired it with what I could; a studded clutch from Zara and black wedges (that you can’t unfortunately see!) that I’d also bought earlier in the day. So, what do you make of midis – a fashion do or don’t?
Midi Dress – Primark
Black & Gold Studded Clutch – Zara
And the icing on the cake… I also paid a cheeky little visit to Tinseltown whilst in Leicester and despite my “diet”, I couldn’t resist their sweet waffles topped in toffee sauce and me being me, covered with rainbow sprinkles and finished with vanilla ice cream. How delicious does this look?


x

No comments:

Post a Comment